As an Employment Specialist, each day you will support (2-3) participants providing them with the training and coaching necessary to work successfully in various business/organizational settings.
Hours: Mon–Fri: 7:30am–4:00pm
A successful candidate is a caring individual with a desire to make a positive difference in our participants’ lives. LVS provides a positive and engaging company culture with varied opportunities for career development.
Pay Rate: $16.00–$18.00
Generous Vacation & Time Off Policy
- Earn one week of additional paid vacation every year– within the first five years–you will receive up to five weeks paid vacation
- Plus nine paid holidays–in addition–up to two days– paid time off each month
- Bachelor’s degree OR Associate degree with one year of experience in human services preferred
- Current PA driver’s license with clean driving record
- Pass pre-employment physical and PA State Police Background Check
- Pass a Lighthouse driver’s test
- Complete CPS training within 60 days of hire
- Lighthouse will provide training to obtain the Professional Certificate of Achievement in Employment Services from the Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators (ACRE)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Transports participants to and from work site driving a company-provided vehicle or ensures reliable transportation is in place
- Provide on the job coaching/training to enhance worker’s success
- Serve as a liaison between the worker and employer
- Complete daily progress notes in an accurate and timely manner
- Have quarterly meetings with supervisor for performance review/goal setting implementation/coaching
- Complete annual required online trainings on Relias training platform
- Attend in-person professional development/team building trainings
- Support the mission and vision of Lighthouse Vocational Services
Founded in 1975, Lighthouse Vocational Services is a 501(c3) charitable organization. Established upon Christ–centered values and principles, our mission is to provide exceptional vocational and other services to individuals with intellectual disabilities to promote personal growth, opportunity, and hope for their future. We are dedicated to make a difference in the lives of the participants we serve as well as the team members who work right alongside them.
"*" indicates required fields