As a Community Participation Professional, you will actively engage the participants in a variety of community integrated settings providing them with the resources and support needed to develop their skills while building community connections.
Hours: Mon–Fri: 8:30am–3:30pm
A successful candidate is a caring individual with a desire to make a positive difference in our participants’ lives. LVS provides a positive and engaging company culture with varied opportunities for career development.
Pay Rate: $15.00–$16.50
Generous Vacation & Time Off Policy
- Earn one week of additional paid vacation every year– within the first five years–you will receive up to five weeks paid vacation
- Plus nine paid holidays–in addition–up to two days– paid time off each month
- Associate degree in human services field
- Or high school diploma/GED with one year of experience in human services
- Current PA driver’s license with clean driving record
- Pass a LVS driver’s test
- Pass DOT Physical and PA State Police Background Check
- Basic computer skills for daily documentation/email
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Transports participants to/from community locations driving a 12-passenger van
- Assist participants to engage in a variety of volunteer, educational, and other skill building activities in community integrated settings
- Ensure participants’ safety at all times
- Develop positive/professional relationships with community partners
- Complete daily progress notes in an accurate and timely manner
- Attends staff/professional development trainings
- Supports the mission and vision of Lighthouse Vocational Services
Founded in 1975, Lighthouse Vocational Services is a 501(c3) charitable organization. Established upon Christ–centered values and principles, our mission is to provide exceptional vocational and other services to individuals with intellectual disabilities to promote personal growth, opportunity, and hope for their future. We are dedicated to make a difference in the lives of the participants we serve as well as the team members who work right alongside them.
"*" indicates required fields