The driver shall work quite independently, but under the supervision of the Transportation and Safety Coordinator.
Split Shift Hours: Mon–Fri: 5:30am–8:00am & 2:30pm–5:00pm
A successful candidate is a caring individual with a desire to make a positive difference in our participants’ lives. This is an entry-level position with varied growth opportunities.
Pay Rate: $11.00–$12.00
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years old
- Must have a valid PA License with a clean driving record
- Pass Lighthouse driver’s test
- Pass a DOT Physical and PA State Police Background Check
- Ability to safely drive a 12–passenger van with ability to help participants enter and exit the vehicle safely
- Ability to drive to specific addresses and locations
- Ability to recognize and report safety and mechanical issues promptly to administration
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Begin each route on time and safely operate the passenger van to pick up program participants to assure that they arrive at Lighthouse and/or return them to their homes or place of residence according to the prescribed schedules
- Maintain safe and orderly behavior by and between participant passengers in the van while riding in, entering, or exiting the vehicle
- Refuel vans as required
- Maintain a safe driving record
Founded in 1975, Lighthouse Vocational Services is a 501(c3) charitable organization. Established upon Christ–centered values and principles, our mission is to provide exceptional vocational and other services to individuals with intellectual disabilities to promote personal growth, opportunity, and hope for their future. We are dedicated to make a difference in the lives of the participants we serve as well as the team members who work right alongside them.