As a Direct Support Professional, you will monitor, provide guidance and supervision for up to six participants in our Vocational Training Program and/or in our Strengthening Pathways educational program–which consists of daily living and enrichment activities that include music, art, reading, cooking, and exercise.
Hours: Mon–Fri: 7:30am–4:00pm
A successful candidate is a caring individual with a desire to make a positive difference in our participants’ lives. LVS provides a positive and engaging company culture with varied opportunities for career development.
Pay Rate: $15.00-$17.50/hour
Generous Vacation & Time Off Policy
- Earn one week of additional paid vacation every year– within the first five years–you will receive up to five weeks paid vacation
- Plus nine paid holidays–in addition–up to two days– paid time off each month
- High School Diploma/GED with one year of experience in human services preferred
- Pass pre-employment physical and PA State Police Background Check
- Basic computer skills for daily documentation/email
- Complete CPS training within 60 days of hire
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Oversee various job tasks to ensure successful outcomes in helping participants reach their vocational performance goals
- Monitor participants’ quality of work and provide instruction and corrective action as necessary and/or
- Encourage and assist participants’ involvement in daily enrichment activities to promote skill development according to their individualized goals
- Maintain healthy and safe work environment
- Complete daily documentation of progress and goals in a timely manner in SetWorks
- Have quarterly meetings with supervisor for performance review/goal setting implementation/coaching
- Complete annual required online trainings on Relias training platform
- Attend in-person professional development/team building trainings
- Supports the mission and vision of Lighthouse Vocational Services
Founded in 1975, Lighthouse Vocational Services is a 501(c3) charitable organization. Established upon Christ–centered values and principles, our mission is to provide exceptional vocational and other services to individuals with intellectual disabilities to promote personal growth, opportunity, and hope for their future. We are dedicated to make a difference in the lives of the participants we serve as well as the team members who work right alongside them.
"*" indicates required fields