Director of Development
This position reports to the CFO/COO and works Monday through Friday, with occasional weeknights and weekends.
The Director of Development will oversee all the organization’s fundraising. Duties include planning fundraising events, interacting with donors to encourage ongoing contributions, develop and maintain relationships while seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships.
You will build and guide relationships both internally and externally by identifying opportunities to develop and strengthen relationships to advance Lighthouse. You will identify areas where Lighthouse can increase its footprint and will collaborate with the CEO, CFO, and Creative Director to improve operations and assist with strategic planning.
The Director of Development will assess the marketing and sales operations for fundraisers and events and will make recommendations for improvements and enhancements. You will also communicate to Lighthouse management teams to highlight business or marketing opportunities or to present the results of new strategies.
- Associate degree preferred
- At least four years of development/fundraising experience with a proven track record of increasing donor bases in a non-profit organization
- Enthusiastic leader capable of working well with diverse clients and building relations in return for supporting Lighthouse Vocational Services
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Relationship Management
Need excellent relationship development and management skills to build both internal and external relationships
- Team Coordination
Build and lead effective cross-functional teams
- Communication Skills
Written and verbal communication are both vital to prepare proposals and present opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define fundraising goals for the organization – implement and evaluate them
- Prepare and execute fundraising plans that include monthly giving program, annual fundraising strategies, events and campaigns
- Create a donor stewardship plan while building astrong relationship with donors as well as keeping them informed on how their financial contribution is being utilized
- Create reports to analyze and measure the progress towards the fundraising goals and the fundraising campaigns’ effectiveness
- Lead the development team to develop strategies with the Creative Marketing Director for Brand awareness and funding, as well as promotional material for the fundraising events and campaigns
- Take advantage of community relations, speaking engagements, fundraising events, and work closely with the Creative Marketing Director with communication tools-such as-newsletters and social media platforms to reach donors and sponsors
- Be an active participant on the Fundraising & Auction Committees
- Direct the donor program (Blackbaud) and create a team to oversee updates and information within it
- Create new places of business partnerships for all departments within Lighthouse through the use of the Needs Analysis Form utilizing moves management
Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off policy:
- Earn one week of additional paid vacation every year– within the first five years–you will receive up to five weeks paid vacation
- Plus nine paid holidays–in addition—earn one day– paid time off each month
Lighthouse Vocational Services (LVS) www.lighthousevoc.org
Founded in 1975, Lighthouse Vocational Services is a 501c3 charitable organization.
Established upon Christ-centered values and principles, our mission is to provide exceptional vocational and enrichment services to persons with intellectual disabilities to promote personal growth, opportunity, and hope for their future. We are dedicated to make a difference in the lives of the participants we serve as well as our team members.
LVS provides a positive and engaging company culture with varied opportunities for career development.
"*" indicates required fields